- £9.50 - £9.50 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Care Perspectives is an integrated therapeutic residential care home group for children between 8 and 18 years with a wide range of complex needs, including; Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Autism, Attachment difficulties and those who present with associated challenging needs.
This role will be based across three services; two of which are based in Great Barr and one in Wolverhampton (with another Wolverhampton home due to open later this year). A successful candidate will have experience of providing care and support to children or young people within a care-based setting. Experience of CAMHS, varied mental health needs, EBD,ASD and Learning Disabilities is also desirable. Candidates should have the ability to remain patient, resilient, be able and willing to build a rapport with CAYP and be passionate about their role, be able to work in a person centred way and be willing to engage and participate in a range of different activities.
Bank Residential Care Workers could be required to cover any number of shifts (evenings and weekend) however, day shifts will generally start at 7.30am and finish at 10.30pm and night shift; 10pm to 8am. The organisation is committed to providing bespoke therapeutic support to young people with complex mental health, associated learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviours. They have invested heavily in-house clinical support to equip the team with the tools needed to make a difference to their young people they support.
Bank Residential Care Workers, will receive an hourly rate of £9.50ph.
As a Bank RCW, you will;
- Deliver the highest standard of care to the children/young people in your care
- Ensure the young people’s physical and psychological welfare is well looked after.
- Tend to any household duties that may need completing
- Be prepared to accompany CAYP on various activities outside the home and support with in house activities
- To be flexible in your approach to meet the needs of the CAYP and service overall
- To familiarise yourself with Policy and Procedure and endeavour to ensure that these are embedded within your work practices
- To safeguard and CAYP in your care and report any concerns that you may have
To qualify for the Support Worker role, you will need;
- Experience within children’s residential, either EBD, mental health, complex needs or learning disabilities (Essential)
- Experience of ASD and supporting clients who are non-verbal or use alternative methods of communication (MAKATON, PECs etc…) (Desirable)
- Be flexible in your approach
- Have a passion work working with children and young people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude with motivation to achieve excellence
- An NVQ / QCF Level 3 (Children’s & Young People) (Essential)
- A UK driving licence (Desirable)
*Care Perspectives is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel that you meet the requirements of this role or would like to discuss the role in some further detail, please contact; Rhianna McCabe on 0121 363 2333.
Temps4Care is a temporary staffing agency that specialises in supplying Care Assistants and Support Workers to care companies across the West Midlands.