- £8.72 - £9.72 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
We are currently looking to recruit Bank Support Workers, to work in the Wolverhampton area.
Our client provides care and support to individuals with mental health needs, in a supported living environment. The service is able to cater for up to five residents however, it is currently only home to two residents. Both residents are male hence, it is preferable that they are supported by male staff however, this is not essential.
Both service users have a Schizophrenia diagnosis hence, experience of supporting individuals with this diagnosis is advantageous. Support workers will be expected to interact and engage with service users and encourage them to be as independent as possible with day to day tasks. They should take a person-centred approach and endeavour to understand their likes and dislikes so, they are able to plan/support them to engage in meaningful activities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience of supporting individuals with complex mental health needs
- Will be happy to provide personal care if required
- Will be a caring individual who has a passion to improve the lives of and empower others
- Be willing to participate, support and engage in a range of activities
- Experience of effectively managing challenging behaviour/ restraint training
- Male support staff (not essential)
- Experience of supporting deaf individuals/ the ability to communicate using BSL (potential new resident)
- Long days 8am-10pm
- Wake nights 10pm-8:30am
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and, any relevant training courses required for the role (unless they are able to provide certificates for these courses that are in date).
If this sounds like an opportunity you might be interested in and you feel you meet the requirements of this role; we would be really interested to hear from you.
Please apply now or contact Rhianna McCabe on 0121 362 2333, for an informal chat.
Temps4Care is a temporary staffing agency that specialises in supplying Care Assistants and Support Workers to care companies across the West Midlands.