Legal Documents

Below is a list of the documents we can accept for different types of proof.

If you have any queries, please feel free to get in touch.

Click any of the below to jump straight to that section:

Proof of ID

Accepted documents:

  • Valid EU passport
  • UK or EU (full or provisional) current driving licence – photo card
  • Full form birth certificate plus confirmation from someone within a profession such as; GP, Teacher, Nurse, Social Worker, Police Officer, Solicitor, Judge, Barrister, Lecturer or Tutor. Must have known that person 3 years or longer

Proof of National Insurance

Accepted documents:

  • National Insurance card
  • P45 or P60
  • Letter from HMRC or Benefits Agency stating the candidates NI number
  • Pay slip from the candidate’s previous employer stating the NI number

Proof of Address

Accepted documents:

  • Bank/building society statement issued within the last 3 months
  • EU National ID card
  • All countries (full or provisional) current driving licence – photo card, or UK, Isle of Man, Channel Island and EU (full or provisional) current driving licence –paper version.
  • HM forces ID card (UK)
  • P45/P60 issued in last 12 months (UK & Channel Islands)
  • Council tax statement issued in the last 12 months (UK & Channel Islands)
  • Financial statement – e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
  • Utility or council tax bill issued in the last 3 months (cannot be mobile phone bill)
  • Benefit statement issued in the last 3 months
  • Work permit/visa (UK- UK residence permit)
  • A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government agency/ Local authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands) e.g. from the Department of Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, Customs and Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus or Social Security

Proof of Right to Work (RTW) in the UK

Accepted documents:

  • Residence Permit
  • UK/EU Passport

Proof of business

Accepted documents (Ltd. Company):

  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Proof of business bank account (e.g. business card or bank statement)

Accepted documents (Self Employed):

  • Unique Tax Reference

Proof of Name Change

Accepted documents:

  • Marriage Certification
  • Decree Absolute
  • Change of Name Deed